Bible Study Has Key Role in Founding of Church
After hearing from God in June of 1991, Pastor Greg and Diane Burns, with the blessings of the local church where they had served as music directors and assistant pastors for ten years, obeyed the Lord, and founded New Dimensions Christian Center on Easter Sunday, April 19, 1992.
Before this, a Bible study began in December of '91, taught by Pastor Burns in an apartment. The group outgrew the apartment and the apartment complex's clubhouse, so the Bible study was moved to the Chorus Room of Pensacola High School with about 60 people in attendance. When the church was birthed on Easter Sunday of 1992, 150 people attended the first service, which was held in two conference rooms at the Pensacola Civic Center. We remained there for six months before moving to New World Landing in October of 1992.
After outgrowing every room at New World Landing, whose largest seating capacity is 800, NDCC moved to the former Plaza Theater on January 1, 1995. Because we outgrew those facilities, we began having two Sunday morning services on October 29, 1995. The membership grew to 1500, so in April of 1999 we expanded the sanctuary and constructed new Children's Church facilities. On March 5, 2000, we began having three Sunday morning services, because our membership reached over 3000. A second location, New Dimensions Christian Center of Mobile, Alabama, was birthed in April 2001.
On June 1, 2003, New Dimensions Christian Center moved to 8600 Highway 98 West. God has continued to unlock the destiny of the ministry, including the move to our current location, 3500 W. Navy Blvd. in Pensacola, Florida.